Mohammed Salah has inevitably shot up the ranks in the enviable list of highest-earning football stars in world football today.
The 30-year-old Liverpool forward put all transfer speculations to bed on Friday, July 1 when he put pen on paper in a new three-year deal with Liverpool.
Liverpool were overly determined to keep Salah, having already lost Sadio Mane to Bayern Munich weeks earlier.
In truth, Salah deserved a new deal as he has been a revelation since moving from Roma to Anfield in 2017.
At Liverpool, he has managed to score an impressive 156 goals in 254 games, winning huge pieces of silverware along the way.
While his new deal entails Salah earning something in the region of £400,000 a week, he is still miles behind the highest earner in football – Kylian Mbappe.
Daily Mail recently released a list of the highest-earning football stars, and it is an interesting one.
10. Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich – £350,000-a-week
9. Antoine Griezmann, Atletico Madrid (on loan from Barcelona) – £356,000-a-week
=7. David De Gea, Manchester United – £375,000-a-week
=7. Erling Haaland, Manchester City – £375,000-a-week
=5. Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United – £385,000-a-week
=5. Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester CIty – £385,000-a-week
4. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool – £400,000-a-week
3. Neymar, Paris Saint-Germain, £606,000-a-week
2. Lionel Messi, Paris Saint-Germain – £960,000-a-week
1. Kylian Mbappe, Paris Saint-Germain – £1,000,000-a-week
Notably, four players – David De gea, Erling Haalahd, Kevin de Bruyne and Cristiano Ronaldo earn near-similar wages.Follow Us On Social Media 👇