--Advertisements--

--Advertisements--
Connect with us

Sports

Mendy charged with two additional counts of rape

Published

on

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been accused of two extra counts of assault, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

Why did Manchester City let Benjamin Mendy play on? – The Athletic

The 27 yearl old Mendy presently faces six claims of assault in all after at first being accused in August of four counts of rape.

The French International has been in custody since his arrest in August after various bail applications were made however declined by judges.

Advertisement

Mendy is additionally accused of a solitary count of rape, Cheshire Police said in an assertion.

Every one of the supposed offenses identify with four ladies beyond 16 years old and are affirmed to have occurred between October 2020 and August 2021.

The assertion from police added: “Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Matturie and Mendy are live and that they have a right to a fair trial.”

Mendy, who is presently on remand at HMP Altcourse in Liverpool, is summonsed to show up at Stockport Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

Advertisement

Benjamin Mendy Covid-19 rule breach: Manchester City 'disappointed' and  will probe incident | Football News | Sky Sports

A co-denounced, Louis Saha Matturie, 40, has likewise been accused of two extra counts of assault and one of rape and presently faces six assault charges taking all things together.

Mendy was at first charged on August 26, with three counts of assault identifying with a supposed episode in October 2020 and with the rape of a lady toward the beginning of January this year.

He was additionally accused of assaulting a lady in August this year. The supposed assaults are said to have occurred at his place of residence on Withinlee Road in Prestbury, Cheshire.

The left-back has played for Manchester City starting around 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a detailed £52m.

Advertisement

He was suspended by the club subsequent to being charged by police, pending an investigation.

Mendy’s co-denounced, Matturie, 40, of Eccles, Greater Manchester, likewise faces six counts of assault and one of rape identifying with four complainants said to have occurred between March 2021 and August 2021. Matturie is likewise in custody.

The two men are booked to go being investigated on January 24, 2022.

Advertisement
Follow Us On Social Media 👇
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

EPL: Leeds To Replace Raphinha With Super Eagles Forward

Published

on

Leeds United are in the race to sign Moses Simon from Nantes, according to RMC.

The Premier League side are competing with another Ligue 1 side Nice for the Super Eagles forward.

With Raphinha in talks with Arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona, Leeds are already looking for his replacement.

Advertisement

The Elland Road club is holding out for £65m for Raphinha and some of that income will be put back into the team.

Simon, 26, can play all across the frontline. He is right footed, although he played the majority of last season on the left wing.

The winger scored six goals and grabbed eight assists from 30 Ligue 1 games last season.

Advertisement
Follow Us On Social Media 👇
Continue Reading

Sports

EPL: Another Arsenal Player Leaves Emirates Stadium

Published

on

Arsenal player, Daniel Ballard has agreed a transfer to Championship side, Sunderland.

The player, whose move to Burnley failed through last season, has also played for Swindon Town and Blackpool on loan.

The Northern Ireland international has not had the opportunity to play a single first team game for the Gunners.

Advertisement

And now his stay at the club is coming to an end as he is set for an imminent move from the north London side

The Athletic reports that Ballard was very close to joining Burnley last week, but a deal could not be agreed.

The likes of former club Blackpool and Sheffield United were interested in the player.

He is now on his way to Sunderland.

Advertisement

Despite never making the cut for Arsenal, Ballard has proved himself on the international stage, already picking up 15 caps for Northern Ireland and scoring two goals.

Follow Us On Social Media 👇

Continue Reading

Sports

Laliga: Carlo Ancelotti Told Me To Forgive Him – Real Madrid Star, Dani Ceballos

Published

on

Real Madrid star, Dani Ceballos has said that the club’s manager Carlo Ancelotti has asked him for forgiveness for not giving him the opportunity to play.

Ceballos also said he will speak to the Italian gaffer before deciding his future.

The player, who had previously spent time on loan at Arsenal, said that Ancelotti apologised to him for his lack of game time and hopes that that won’t be the case next season.

Advertisement

“When we start [pre-season on July 8], we will see,” Ceballos explained to Tito Gonzalez.

“I’ll talk to the coach to see what he wants and from there we’ll decide the future.

“The coach told me to forgive him because I hadn’t played the minutes I should have played, and that’s to his credit,” Ceballos said.

The Spanish star only played 338 minutes in 18 games all season.

Advertisement

Follow Us On Social Media 👇

Continue Reading

Sports

Transfer: No Amount Of Money – Bayern Munich Warn Barcelona Over Lewandowski

Published

on

Bayern Munich have vowed that no amount of money or pressure would see them sell their top striker, Robert Lewandowski.

The Bavarian said the Pole has one more year left in his contract and must be willing to honour his current deal.

The Bundesliga champions, who earlier slammed a price tag of at least 50 million euros on the striker, have told Barcelona they should not be wasting their time making further offers.

Advertisement

The honorary President of Bayern Munich, Uli Hoeness has revealed that the club have decided that they won’t sell Lewandowski this summer.

“I don’t know anything about a new offer. But as things stand in Munich, what I have heard is that Barcelona should save themselves the effort of making another offer,” Hoeness said at a sports congress in Neuland.

“But Bayern’s words were clear. They said that Robert should honour his contract with Bayern Munich.

“I can’t imagine that there is any amount of money that would make them change their mind,” he said.

Advertisement

Despite Bayern Munich’s public stance, Lewandowski wants to leave by all means and has decided to join Barcelona.

Follow Us On Social Media 👇

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Sauce NG

Open

Sauce.NG