--Advertisements--

--Advertisements--
Connect with us

Sports

Ballon d’ Or 2021: Gary Lineker Agrees With Messi Over Comments On Lewandowski

Published

on

Former England international, Gary Lineker has agreed with Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi over his comments on Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski after he won the 2021 Ballon d’ Or on Monday in Paris.

Messi had called on France Football, the organizers of the Ballon d’Or award, to give Lewandowski the prize for last year.

The Argentine said this after beating Lewandowski and Chelsea’s Jorginho to win a record seventh time Ballon d’ Or on Monday night.

In his acceptance speech, Messi paid tribute to Lewandowski and said;

Advertisement

“Robert, you deserve your Ballon d’Or.

“Last year, everyone was in agreement to say that you were the big winner of this award.”

However, reacting to the development, Lineker said, “I think last year’s 2020 Ballon d’Or should be retrospectively given to Robert Lewandowski,’ the Match of The Day host tweeted.

“He deserved to win it. He deserves to have one.

“Messi agrees. Messi’s right. Give Robert Lewandowski the award. Such an easy thing to do, and the right thing to do.”

Advertisement
Follow Us On Social Media 👇
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

EPL: I’ll be surprised if he starts matches at Manchester United – Rio Ferdinand on Eriksen

Published

on

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand, has said that Christian Eriksen will force his way into the squad but will not play ahead of Bruno Fernandes.

Eriksen, whose contract with Brentford has just ended, has reportedly verbally agreed to move to Old Trafford and will be signing a three-year contract at the club.

Erik ten Hag is eager to fix Eriksen into Man United midfield with the departure of Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, and Jesse Lingard this summer.

Advertisement

Ferdinand believes the former Tottenham and Inter Milan star will be a welcome addition to the squad.

However, the former England defender questions whether the Denmark international will get into the team ahead of Bruno Fernandes since the two occupy the same role on the pitch.

“I think Christian Eriksen is a squad player. He doesn’t come as a starter, I would be very surprised if he comes into Manchester United as a starter,” Ferdinand told Five.

“I think he’ll come in and play a particular role in and around it.

Advertisement

“The position he is likely to occupy will be similar to Bruno Fernandes and I don’t see him taking him out of the team.”

Follow Us On Social Media 👇

Continue Reading

Sports

EPL: Real reason Cristiano Ronaldo hasn’t returned to Man Utd training Revealed

Published

on

Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand, has explained why Cristiano Ronaldo has not returned for pre-season training with the club.

Speaking on his FIVE YouTube Channel, Ferdinand insisted that a family member of Ronaldo is having health issues.

The 37-year-old is yet to show up at Carrington ahead of the new season, amid talk he has requested to leave United this summer.

Advertisement

But Ferdinand said: “I’ve been seeing people being a touch disrespectful. The way that people are questioning ‘he’s not here’ and the hysteria surrounding it. A member of his family is not well, so he’s not at training.

“This is the most consummate, most professional athlete that we’ve seen on these shores. The most professional athlete we’ve seen for over 15 years and people are questioning this guy’s professionalism and why he’s not at the training ground.

“Yeah he might want to leave, he might not be happy with certain things at the football club, but in terms of professionalism, this guy is training where he is – we’ve seen the pictures.

“His family are there, he needs to be where they are and you have to respect that. Simple as. Could it have been communicated better by the club? Probably.”

Advertisement

Follow Us On Social Media 👇

Continue Reading

Sports

EPL: Chelsea striker seeks to dump club ahead of pre-season

Published

on

Representatives of Chelsea striker Armando Broja have told the club that their client will push to leave Stamford Bridge if he is not included in the pre-season tour.

Broja was at Southampton on loan last season and scored nine goals during his time with Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side.

Newcastle United, Everton, Southampton and West Ham are all queuing up the 20-year-old’s signature.

Advertisement

Chelsea are considering a £30 million offer for Broja, while West Ham have also opened talks with the Blues.

Albanian TV report that Broja’s entourage has made it clear to Chelsea that the striker would want to leave Stamford Bridge again if Thomas Tuchel makes it clear that he is not part of his plans for the upcoming campaign.

Broja is due to hold talks with Tuchel and co-owner Todd Boehly when he begins pre-season training.

Chelsea’s pre-season tour begins with a training camp in Los Angeles, United States, while their first fixture is against Club America in Las Vegas on July 16.

Advertisement

Follow Us On Social Media 👇

Continue Reading

Sports

Transfer: Lewandowski agrees three-year deal with Barcelona

Published

on

Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski has agreed a three-year contract with Barcelona.

This claim was made by respected transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano.

According to Romano, this agreement has been in place for months now and the only thing left is for both clubs to strike a deal.

Advertisement

“Nothing has changed in Robert Lewandowski’s mind. He’s still convinced on Barcelona as next club after personal terms agreed months ago on a three year deal, no negotiations with any other club as of now.

“Barcelona will contact FC Bayern again soon,” Romano tweeted.

Lewandowski has one year left on his current deal with the Bundesliga champions and has publicly declared his desire to leave this summer.

Advertisement
Follow Us On Social Media 👇
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Sauce NG

Sauce.NG